Re: Result set return to Coldfusion MX?

От Avi Schwartz
Тема Re: Result set return to Coldfusion MX?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
No I didn't, I missed this part in the docs.  Thanks for pointing me to
the sets, I will give it a try Monday when I am back in the office.  I
do wonder though if sets are more expensive then cursors since the docs
tell me that the select runs to completion  before returning while
cursors do not.  This means that if the result set is large,
performance may suffer, for example in paging situation (web page that
displays only few rows until the user clicks on the Next button).
Another problem I see with sets is that if the function returns only a
subset of the table's columns, I will have to declare a special type to
match.  Did I understand this correctly?

Thanks,
Avi

--
Avi Schwartz