Re: BUG #14380: pg_config fails to build.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #14380: pg_config fails to build.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
hellkite500@gmail.com writes:
> I am attempting a build on a RHEL 6.4 machine using gcc 4.4.7.
> I get the following error during the build.

[ scratches head... ]  Weird.  Evidently something is going wrong with
the quoting of those make variables; but the gcc command line looks
exactly as it should, AFAICT.  Are you using a nonstandard shell, or
something other than the stock gcc installation?

A slightly far-fetched possibility is that you have a corrupted ccache
entry for this file.  In a standard RHEL6 installation, "gcc" really
invokes "ccache gcc", so the lack of any mention of ccache in the given
command line doesn't eliminate this theory.  If you can't find any other
explanation, you might try "rm -rf ~/.ccache" and see if that makes it
better.

(FWIW, PG9.2 builds fine on RHEL6.8 for me, and I'm sure it built fine
on 6.4, back when I was running that.)