Re: Help with EXPLAIN ANALYZE runtimes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Help with EXPLAIN ANALYZE runtimes
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Guenzl, Martin" <martin@guenzl.com> writes:
> On the latter, the EXPLAIN ANALYZE returned what I thought was a strange
> result - here is the excerpt ...

Do you think we are psychics who can guess at your problem when you've
shown us none of the table definitions, none of the query, and only a
small part of the EXPLAIN output?

Donning my Karnak headgear, I will guess that this is actually not a
SELECT query but some kind of update operation, and that the time
sink is in the updating part and not in the data extraction part.
(Inefficient foreign-key operations would be a likely cause, as would
poorly written user-defined triggers.)  But that's strictly a guess.