Re: Fixup some appendStringInfo and appendPQExpBuffer calls

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fixup some appendStringInfo and appendPQExpBuffer calls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 at 16:29, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> Indeed, that's the same thing as 110d817 to make all those calls
>> cheaper.  No objections from me to do those changes now rather than
>> later on HEAD.

> I think it would be good to fix at least the instances that are new
> code in PG14 before we branch for PG15.  They all seem low enough risk
> and worth keeping the new-to-PG14 code as close to the same as
> possible between major versions.

+1 for fixing this sort of thing in new code before we branch.

I'm less interested in changing code that already exists in back
branches.  I think the risk of causing headaches for back-patches
may outweigh any benefit of such micro-optimizations.