Re: Collation versioning

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Collation versioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/09/2018 23:34, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 5:36 PM Thomas Munro
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 12:01 PM Peter Eisentraut
>> <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> Also, note that this mechanism only applies to collation objects, not to
>>> database-global locales.  So most users wouldn't be helped by this approach.
>>
>> Yeah, right, that would have to work for this to be useful.  I will
>> look into that.
>
> We could perform a check up front in (say) CheckMyDatabase(), or maybe
> defer until the first string comparison.  The tricky question is where
> to store it.
>
> 1.  We could add datcollversion to pg_database.
>
> 2.  We could remove datcollate and datctype and instead store a
> collation OID.  I'm not sure what problems would come up, but for
> starters it seems a bit weird to have a shared catalog pointing to
> rows in a non-shared catalog.
>
> The same question comes up if we want to support ICU as a database
> level default.  Add datcollprovider, or point to a pg_collation row?

This was previously discussed here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/f689322a-4fc5-10cc-4a60-81f1ff0166c9@2ndquadrant.com
-- without a conclusion.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_ugprade test failure on data set with column with default value with type bit/varbit
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Stored procedures and out parameters