Fwd: [pgsql-www] Forums at postgresql.com.au

От Elliot Chance
Тема Fwd: [pgsql-www] Forums at postgresql.com.au
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 20/11/2010, at 4:04 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

Excerpts from Dave Page's message of vie nov 19 12:22:09 -0300 2010:
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

I wonder if the mailing list would alow posting from an address like
forums+1357@postgresql.com.au if only forums@postgresql.com.au is
subscribed.  The number or string after the + would presumably be the
user ID in the forum or some unique identifier.  (Extra points if the
mailing software at that domain forwards email to the user when sent to
that address (or maybe a PM in the forum system) -- this would solve
Dave's concern.)

That would solve it, yes. I don't think mj2 will allow that though -
we've been looking for something similar for sysadmin use.

So let's patch Mj2.

If we use a pattern like the persons unique username:
Elliot Chance <forums-chancey@postgresql.com.au>
John Smith <forums-jsmith@postgresql.com.au>

Then I can create a catch-all so that when an email is sent to forums-chancey@postgresql.com.au it finds the user "chancey" gets the real address and sends it on. If there were a way we could register a range for mj2 like accept all emails from forums-*@posgresql.com.au then I think that solution would work well.