Re: Clearing global statistics

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Clearing global statistics
Дата
Re: Clearing global statistics  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Rafael Martinez <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no> writes:
> Is there any chance of implementing a way of knowing when was the last
> time statistics delivered via pg_stat_* were reset?

Actually, that brings up a more general question: what's with the
enthusiasm for clearing statistics *at all*?  ISTM that's something
you should do only in dire emergencies, like the collector went
haywire and has now got a bunch of garbage numbers.  The notion of
resetting subsets of the stats seems even more dubious, because now
you have numbers that aren't mutually comparable.  So I fail to
understand why the desire to expend valuable development time on
any of this.