Re: long sql "in" clause crashes server process (8.0 Release)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: long sql "in" clause crashes server process (8.0 Release)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> C:\msys\1.0\local\pgsql\bin>"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
> Studio\VC98\Bin"\dumpbin /headers pos
> tmaster.exe | grep stack
>           200000 size of stack reserve
>             1000 size of stack commit

Hmm, are those in bytes?  The default value of max_stack_depth is 2048
(kilobytes), which really means that we are assuming a physical stack
limit of 3Mb or more, because the max_stack_depth check isn't exact.

Can we increase that setting during the Windows build?  I'd like to see
it set to 4Mb if possible.

BTW, what's the difference between "stack reserve" and "stack commit"?

Сообщение: Re: long sql "in" clause crashes server process (8.0 Release)
Сообщение: Re: long sql "in" clause crashes server process (8.0 Release)