Re: RTREE on points

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: RTREE on points
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Jeff Hoffmann <jeff@propertykey.com> writes:
> I know there are a couple of GiST examples in contrib (seg, cube &
> intarray), but i thought there used to be at least a gist_box_ops.

I don't recall any such thing having been removed, but it does seem
peculiar that there are no GIST opclasses in the standard distribution.
How the heck did the GIST index code get developed/tested without some
opclasses?

Anyone remember the history?  AFAICT from the CVS logs, GIST was added
to the tree in mid 1996, but no opclasses for it were added at the time.