Re: postgres crash SOS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgres crash SOS
Дата
Re: postgres crash SOS  (Dann Corbit <DCorbit@connx.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Dann Corbit <DCorbit@connx.com> writes:
>> (Personally I'd never run a database I cared about on Windows.)

> Somehow, I doubt that Windows is to blame.  For instance, Oracle and SQL*Server seem to run fine on Windows without
thissort of problem.

Really?  Are you front-line support for either, so that you can say
that they "never" have this sort of problem on the basis of any actual
evidence?  Our failure rate on Windows is probably pretty low too,
it's just that we only hear about non-working cases here.

(Perhaps more to the point, if they don't have problems, it's likely
because they tell their customers how to configure Windows boxes safely
before the fact.  And people who are spending the money for an Oracle
license will heed that advice.)