Re: problems with large objects dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: problems with large objects dump
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Sergio Gabriel Rodriguez <sgrodriguez@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> You wouldn't happen to be
>> trying to use a 9.0 or later pg_dump would you?  Exactly what 8.4.x
>> release is this, anyway?

> Tom, thanks for replying, yes, we tried it with postgres postgres 9.1 and
> 9.2 and the behavior is exactly the same. The production version is 8.4.9

Well, I see three different fixes for O(N^2) pg_dump performance
problems in the 8.4.x change logs since 8.4.9, so you're a bit behind
the times there.  However, all of those fixes would have been in 9.2.0,
so if you saw no improvement with a 9.2.0 pg_dump then the problem is
something else.  Can you put together a test case for somebody else to
try, or try to locate the bottleneck yourself using oprofile or perf?