Re: New features for pgbench

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: New features for pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
NikhilS <nikkhils@gmail.com> writes:
> As long as we use the same postgresql.conf, same hardware environment and
> exactly same parameter pgbench runs, the difference in the TPS values
> observed between the 2 sources should be a good enough indicator as to the
> viability of the new code, dont you think?

pgbench has a long-standing, thoroughly earned reputation for producing
unrepeatable results.  While I agree that we shouldn't whack it around
without good cause, there's definitely some problems there, and I think
Greg is on to at least one of 'em.  The question is what's the best way
to fix it ...