Re: VACUUM hanging on PostgreSQL 8.3.1 for larger tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: VACUUM hanging on PostgreSQL 8.3.1 for larger tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Paragon" <lr@pcorp.us> writes:
>> Sure looks like a near-idle machine to me :-(.

>> I think that the vacuum must be stuck on a lock.  What other Postgres
>> processes have you got, and what are they doing?

> Originally I thought it was the autovacuuming getting in the way since I
> noticed sometimes it was trying to vacuum the tables I was trying to vacuum
> and autovacuuming was taking a long time, but I had turned autovacuuming off
> during bulk load process period to prevent this.

Hmm ... another reason for vacuum running really slowly would be poor
choices of vacuum_cost parameters --- have you got those set to
nondefault values?

Сообщение: Re: VACUUM hanging on PostgreSQL 8.3.1 for larger tables
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM hanging on PostgreSQL 8.3.1 for larger tables