Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers
Дата
Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers  ("Ben Tilly" <btilly@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On the other hand, this means the name has to be quoted if it would be
> quoted as an SQL identifier, right?

Something like that.  I wasn't planning on rejecting uppercase letters,
though, which would be necessary if you wanted to be strict about
matching unquoted identifiers.

There seems fairly clear use-case for allowing A-Z a-z 0-9 and
underscore (while CVS head rejects 0-9 and underscore).  There also seem
to be good arguments for disallowing / \ : on various platforms, which
leaves us with some other punctuation in question, as well as the whole
matter of non-ASCII characters.  I'm not sure whether we want to touch
the idea of non-ASCII; comments?