Re: Server crashed, now cannot start postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Server crashed, now cannot start postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> writes:
>    Tried to compile 3 large programs at one time and the CPU overheated,
> shutting down the server. Now when I try to start postgres-9.5.4 (as the
> superuser, postgres) I get this result:

> postgres@salmo:~$ postgres -D /var/lib/pgsql/9.5/data/ &
> [1] 14544
> postgres@salmo:~$ FATAL:  could not open shared memory segment
> "/PostgreSQL.1804289383": Permission denied

A look at the code suggests this is shm_open() returning EACCES.
Not sure why that's happening.  If this is a Linux box, maybe the
permissions on /dev/shm are bollixed?

As a temporary workaround, you could probably set
dynamic_shared_memory_type = none in postgresql.conf (I'm assuming
it's set to posix now).  I do not think that disables any very
critical functionality in 9.5, but it's a hack not a solution.