Re: Should we increase the default vacuum_cost_limit?

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Should we increase the default vacuum_cost_limit?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/25/19 1:17 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 9:42 PM David Rowley
> <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> The current default vacuum_cost_limit of 200 seems to be 15 years old
>> and was added in f425b605f4e.
>>
>> Any supporters for raising the default?
>
> I also think that the current default limit is far too conservative.

I agree entirely. In my experience you are usually much better off if
vacuum finishes quickly. Personally I think our default scale factors
are horrible too, especially when there are tables with large numbers of
rows.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com