Re: [INTERFACES] Win32 interface

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Win32 interface
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Magnus Hagander <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> The problem is that in the DllMain() of the libpq.dll file, WSAStartup() is
> called, and that is required before any winsock functions will work.
> If you link statically, you have to manually run WSAStartup.
>
> This should probably be documented :-)

Didn't we talk about having fe-connect.c call WSAStartup()
(conditionally compiled of course) to avoid this problem?

ISTM there was some reason it wouldn't work, like maybe you can
only call WSAStartup once per program, but I don't recall for sure.
If it *would* work it would probably be a better answer than making
users remember to call the thing.