Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Clarify description of CIDR-address column

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Clarify description of CIDR-address column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
>> "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>> Isn't the real problem here that 10.6 doesn't mean what you probably think?

> I'm curious now - what _does_ 10.6/16 mean? I can't imagine any sensible
> meaning apart from 10.6.0.0/16...

10.6 means the same as 10.0.0.6 --- see src/port/inet_aton.c.
This has been discussed before:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-01/msg00132.php

My feeling is the same as it was then, ie, we are not in the business of
second-guessing standard library routines.