Re: Log notice that checkpoint is to be written on shutdown

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Log notice that checkpoint is to be written on shutdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Andres Freund (andres@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
>> How about flipping the default for log_checkpoints instead? There really
>> isn't a good reason for having it disabled by default.

> Yeah, I agree with this- it's extremely useful information and it's
> really not that verbose in general..

-1.  Every time we've turned on default logging of routine events,
there's been pushback and it was eventually turned off again as log spam.
I guarantee you that logging checkpoints will be seen as log spam, except
by people who are actually having trouble with that behavior, which is
a small minority.

I'm not really convinced that there's a problem here that needs fixing
at all, but certainly putting log_checkpoints on by default is not an
acceptable fix.