Re: [HACKERS] Re: Mirroring a DB

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Mirroring a DB
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: Mirroring a DB  (Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@range.infoplease.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <e99re41@DoCS.UU.SE> writes:
> Could the God of Rules please comment on this? It seems to be a deficiency
> in the get_rule_def (sp?) backend function. Perhaps to play it safe all
> attributes should be fully qualified, but that's probably not as easy as
> it sounds.

I'm not the god of rules, but I have messed with that code.  Current
sources will put table prefixes on every var in a rule if more than one
table appears in the rule's rangelist.  I think this should be
sufficient, but it's hard to tell from this incomplete example;
are you actually complaining about some special case that arises when
a column has the same name as its table?

It would be nice to see the original view definition (plus enough table
definitions to let us create the rule without guessing).