Re: Allow backend to output result sets in XML

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Allow backend to output result sets in XML
Дата
Re: Allow backend to output result sets in XML  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Brian Moore <brianmooreca@yahoo.com> writes:
> i would like to begin work on the TODO item
>   Allow backend to output result sets in XML

I am not sure why it's phrased that way --- surely the code to hack on
is the client side, not the backend.  Otherwise you need a protocol
revision to make this happen, which implies hacking *both* ends.

psql already has some code to output results as HTML tables; I'd think
adding functionality in that vicinity would be the way to go.