Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> That can only be a solution if postmaster child processes will inherit
>> the lock.

> I don't think so, no. But we could have the children explicitly acquire
> a shared lock, so if the postmaster at startup tried to grab an
> exclusive lock that would fail if any child were still alive.

We've been through this before.  That is not an acceptable substitute
because there's a race condition: a new child might have been launched
but not yet acquired the lock.  We need the lock to actually be
inherited across the fork/exec so there is no window where it's not held.

Сообщение: Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Сообщение: Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED