Re: Creating a zero-column table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Creating a zero-column table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> At 04:08 PM 12/12/2002 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Should we remove this error check, thereby effectively making
>> zero-column tables first-class citizens?

> The other option is to disallow the steps that resulted in the zero-column
> table in the first place. This is probably more rational.

That was where we were a couple months ago: DROP COLUMN would refuse to
let you drop the last column of a table.  But that has much worse
problems than whether we are able to deliver a "helpful" error message.
For example:Amy does CREATE TABLE foo(f1 beths_type);Beth now cannot drop her type beths_type.
In most circles this would be called a denial of service.

Сообщение: Re: PQnotifies() in 7.3 broken?
Сообщение: Re: PQnotifies() in 7.3 broken?