Trigger Function and backup

От Nishkarsh
Тема Trigger Function and backup
Дата
Re: Trigger Function and backup  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello every one,

I am new to databases. I am using Postgres 8.2 (Migrating to 8.3.7 in few
days) on windows platform.

I had tried using Slony-I for replication and was not able to create a
cluster.

After struggling for some time i decide to implement a way around to take
differential backup. As the tables getting changed were very less.

Here is what i intend to do:

- Write a trigger for each of the tables in concern
- Some how write a function which can copy / execute the same query in
another temp Db on the same physical system (I have no idea how to do that)
- Take a backup of temp DB which will be the differential backup of DB (We
need to clear temp db after backup)

Am i going in the right direction?
Is there any way i can implement it.
Any help will be really of great help