Re: BUG #15232: Query execution changes based on using 'explain analyze' or not

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15232: Query execution changes based on using 'explain analyze' or not
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Bug_reporting_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> Testing behavior of parallel scans in 10.4 (looking to upgrade from 9.4) and
> I'm only seeing parallel execution if I use "explain analyze".

I can't reproduce this here, at least not when submitting the queries
through psql.  I speculate that you're using some client-side environment
that is somehow disabling parallelism for DML but not within a utility
command like EXPLAIN ... but it's not very clear what that could be.
Please provide a more worked-out example, and be concrete about how
you're submitting both the EXPLAIN and the actual query.