Re: pg_promote not marked as parallel-restricted in pg_proc.dat

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_promote not marked as parallel-restricted in pg_proc.dat
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> writes:
> Yes, it should be PARALLEL RESTRICTED or PARALLEL UNSAFE, but it won't matter
> much in practice which of the two we choose.

I'd vote for PARALLEL UNSAFE myself.  Otherwise you have to ask questions
about whether it's really safe to do this while parallel workers are doing
things.  Perhaps the answer is "yes", but what's the point of having to
verify that?