Re: using database for queuing operations?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: using database for queuing operations?
Дата
Re: using database for queuing operations?
Список pgsql-general
Mark Harrison <mh@pixar.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> See the archives; this has been discussed in great detail before
>> (several times before, if memory serves).

> Sorry for the cluelessness, but searching on queuing, scheduling,
> and their spelling variants isn't turning up anything useful.

I got a bunch of hits on "select for update queue" from
http://www.pgsql.ru/db/pgsearch/ , for instance

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-05/msg00342.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2001-02/msg00977.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2001-11/msg00378.php

There seems to be some disconnect between that search engine and the
archives though.  For instance it also pointed me to

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2002-11/msg00001.php

which does not exist; in fact archives.postgresql.org has hardly
anything for that whole month of pgsql-sql.  Marc, any idea what's wrong
there?  The data was obviously there last time Oleg trolled for it.

Сообщение: Re: using database for queuing operations?
Сообщение: Re: using database for queuing operations?