Re: Partial index causing wrong results to be returned on 8.1.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Partial index causing wrong results to be returned on 8.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
> I could not duplicate this on any identical database, but thought I
> would report it here, just for completeness. I've tried reindexing,
> vacuuming, etc. Explain plans all look normal.

Possibly explained by this 8.1.4 fix?

    * src/backend/optimizer/plan/: createplan.c (REL8_1_STABLE),
    createplan.c: When a bitmap indexscan is using a partial index, it
    is necessary to include the partial index predicate in the scan's
    "recheck condition".  Otherwise, if the scan becomes lossy for lack
    of bitmap memory, we would fail to enforce that returned rows
    satisfy the predicate.    Noted while studying bug #2441 from Arjen
    van der Meijden.

If it gives right answers after you increase work_mem sufficiently,
I'd bet on this one ...