Re: ECPG regression tests seem rather fundamentally broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ECPG regression tests seem rather fundamentally broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> ...  However, I tried reverting the
>> change and things still did not work.  The reason is that the test
>> programs are built with relative paths to libpq that look like
>> ../../../../../src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.sl.5

> This is a symptom specific to HP-UX, which hardcodes the link-time
> library path into the output.  The ECPG test probably never worked
> there.

Au contraire, it did work last time I tried (which I must admit was a
few months ago, so I cannot be sure just when we broke it).  And anyway,
how would you expect it to magically work differently on some other
platform, for a library that is neither present in the system's standard
search path, the rpath (which we failed to provide anyway), nor the
build-time-relative path?  I'm not quite sure what other plan the
dynamic linker should follow.