Re: Fw: [ANNOUNCE] == PostgreSQL Weekly News - October 22 2006 ==

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fw: [ANNOUNCE] == PostgreSQL Weekly News - October 22 2006 ==
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com> writes:
> I can't seem to find any information about the "security" release mentioned.
> Are there any specific security issues that have been addressed?

There are a couple of coredump conditions fixed --- they don't really
amount to security issues unless you let untrustworthy people execute
arbitrary SQL on your server, and even then we know of no way to exploit
them to do anything except force a database restart.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-10/msg00203.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-06/msg00300.php