Re: ICU for global collation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ICU for global collation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-09-17 15:08, Daniel Verite wrote:
> When trying databases defined with ICU locales, I see that backends
> that serve such databases seem to have their LC_CTYPE inherited from
> the environment (as opposed to a per-database fixed value).

> fr-utf8=# select to_tsvector('été');
> ERROR:    invalid multibyte character for locale
> HINT:  The server's LC_CTYPE locale is probably incompatible with the
> database encoding.

I looked into this problem.  The way to address this would be adding
proper collation support to the text search subsystem.  See the TODO
markers in src/backend/tsearch/ts_locale.c for starting points.  These
APIs spread out to a lot of places, so it will take some time to finish.
  In the meantime, I'm pausing this thread and will set the CF entry as RwF.