Re: BUG #15602: pg_dump archive items not in correct section order

От Tom Cassidy
Тема Re: BUG #15602: pg_dump archive items not in correct section order
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 5/2/19 4:24 am, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tom, are you in a position to rebuild pg_dump with this fix applied,
> and see if it cures your original case as well as the simplified one?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hi Tom,

I downloaded the git source and built postgres from REL_11_STABLE branch
using the instructions at
https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/testing-new-postgresql-versions-without-messing-up-your-install/.
  Your patch looked like it was already applied to this branch so I
didn't apply it.

Running pg_dump from the patched version I didn't notice any warning
output on either the original database or the simplified test case
database, so it appears that this patch solves the issue.

I ran the pg_dump as plain-text SQL output format, and there were no
differences in the generated SQL between the old pg_dump and the patched
pg_dump, except for the pg_dump version string.

Regards,
Tom