Re: erroneous restore into pg_catalog schema

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: erroneous restore into pg_catalog schema
Дата
Re: erroneous restore into pg_catalog schema  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> The attached patch seems to work:

> alvherre=# create table pg_catalog.foo (a int);
> ERROR:  permission denied for schema pg_catalog

> I notice that contrib/adminpack now fails, though (why doesn't this
> module have a regression test?):

> alvherre=# create extension adminpack;
> ERROR:  permission denied for schema pg_catalog

Um.  I knew that that module's desire to shove stuff into pg_catalog
would bite us someday.  But now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure
I recall discussions to the effect that there are other third-party
modules doing similar things.

Anyway, this seems to answer Robert's original question about why
relations were special-cased: there are too many special cases around
this behavior.  I think we should seriously consider just reverting
a475c6036.