Re: Open items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <eulerto@yahoo.com.br> writes:
>> I think that moving rtree_gist, reindexdb, and/or userlock into core
>> would have to happen before feature freeze,
> [snip]

> Are you think in putting reindex at core? I was about to submit a
> replacement of it but if it goes to bin/scripts (for example) I can
> rearrange the patch. Could I?

The redefinition of REINDEX DATABASE is already in.  A direct
replacement for reindexdb would basically need to apply this across
all DBs in the cluster, which is definitely a job for bin/scripts.
I was speculating that maybe it'd make more sense to handle it as
an option to vacuumdb or clusterdb instead of a whole new program,
but it's up to you if you're doing the work.