Re: BUG #4016: Build fails in ecpglib on file extern.h

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4016: Build fails in ecpglib on file extern.h
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Samuel Gilbert" <samuel.gilbert@ec.gc.ca> writes:
> I tried to build 8.3.0 on Debian GNU/Linux Etch x86_64 with the following
> configure options :

> ./configure --prefix=/data/aq_ops/software/x86_64 --enable-thread-safety
> --with-pgport=5433 --with-tcl --with-perl --with-python --with-pam
> --with-ldap --with-openssl --with-libxml --with-libxslt

You seem to have omitted some relevant information, because there's a
bunch of stuff in the compile command that did not come from these
configure options:

> gcc -march=opteron -mfpmath=sse -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -pipe -O2
> -I/data/odysseus/afsudev/usr/include

In particular I'm betting this -I switch is injecting some old-version
ecpg include files into the situation.

Possibly you are building with CPPFLAGS and/or CFLAGS already set in
your environment?  That's sometimes useful but you have to be mighty
careful what you inject into builds that way.