Re: Bogus EXPLAIN results with column aliases for mismatched partitions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bogus EXPLAIN results with column aliases for mismatched partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> writes:
> I think "names of relation" should be "names of relations", so how
> about fixing that as well?

Ah, missed that.

> On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 6:34 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> BTW, the existing code always schema-qualifies the relation names,
>> on the rather lame grounds that it's producing the string without
>> knowing whether EXPLAIN VERBOSE will be specified.  In this code,
>> the verbose flag is available so it would be trivial to make the
>> output conform to EXPLAIN's normal policy.  I didn't change that
>> here because there'd be a bunch more test output diffs of no
>> intellectual interest.  Should we change it, or leave well enough
>> alone?

> I think it would be better to keep that as-is because otherwise, in
> case of a foreign join or aggregate, EXPLAIN without the VERBOSE
> option won't show any information about foreign tables involved in
> that foreign join or aggregate, which isn't useful for users.

No, I'm just talking about dropping the schema-qualification of table
names when !es->verbose, not removing the Relations: output altogether.
That would be more consistent with the rest of EXPLAIN's output.