Re: Missing pg_clog file / corrupt index / invalid page header

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Missing pg_clog file / corrupt index / invalid page header
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
alex <an@clickware.de> writes:
> Summary
> ==========

> Various errors like:
> "invalid page header in block 8658 of relation",
> "could not open segment 2 of relation 1663/77142409/266753945 (target
> block 809775152)",
> "ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 2134240 DETAIL:  could
> not open file "pg_clog/0002": File not found",
> "CEST PANIC:  right sibling's left-link doesn't match"

Ick.  For any one of those errors, I would've thought it was Postgres'
fault, but when you have several it's not so clear.  Kernel or hardware
flakiness have to be considered as alternative explanations.

> on the following system:
> Postgres 8.1.8
> SUsE Linux Kernel 2.6.13-15.8-smp

2.6.13 is not the latest, nor even close --- can you update the kernel
and see if things get better?