Re: Chicken/egg problem with range types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Chicken/egg problem with range types
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com> writes:
> On 18 Jul 2012, at 5:08, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I wonder whether we could improve this by postponing the no-shell-types
>> check from creation to function runtime.

> I don't suppose it'd be possible to treat it as a deferred constraint? Then the check would be moved to the end of
thetransaction.

You mean, after we've already crashed, or allowed a security breach to
happen?  Doesn't sound very helpful.  In any case, my concern is that
there not be any added overhead, not about moving it around.

Сообщение: Re: installation problem with postgres password
Сообщение: Re: installation problem with postgres password