Re: Statement-level triggers and inheritance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Statement-level triggers and inheritance
Дата
Re: Statement-level triggers and inheritance  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thursday 15 January 2009 02:08:42 Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Added to TODO:
>> Have statement-level triggers fire for all tables in an
>> inheritance hierarchy

> I don't think that was really the conclusion from the thread.

> As far as I can interpret the opinions, statement level triggers should fire
> on the parent table only, rather than on some child, as it currently does.

I think the consensus was that each table should have its own statement
triggers (if any) fire.  Which is one possible reading of Bruce's TODO
item, but it's surely not clearly worded.