Re: EXPLAIN ANALYZE time calculations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: EXPLAIN ANALYZE time calculations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Michael Glaesemann <grzm@seespotcode.net> writes:
> I'd like to get confirmation that I'm correctly understanding the
> times given in EXPLAIN ANALYZE.
> Is this correct?

Looks about right to me.  Note that some of what you are calling
"executor overhead" might also be classed as "gettimeofday overhead".
The measured difference between two successive gettimeofday readings
presumably includes the actual userland runtime plus the equivalent
of one gettimeofday call; but we actually did two calls.  IOW the
actual time to get in and out of a node is going to be a shade more
than is reported.