Re: nit-pick optimization for findColumn()

От Peter Speck
Тема Re: nit-pick optimization for findColumn()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

> Have you identified this as being a performance bottleneck in any
> realworld application?

Not in the jdbc driver. I had some code from a previous developer where
I had to eliminate calls to String.equalsIgnoreCase() because it was
inside a tight loop (called more than 310 million times). So my
optimization of the jdbc driver was an automatic reaction. I knew the
oracle 8.1 driver does 2 loops, first one with String.equals(), and
then one with String.equalsIgnoreCase().   So you're right, this
doesn't matter for the jdbc driver.

----
    - Peter Speck