Re: OPERATOR FAMILY and pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OPERATOR FAMILY and pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Abbate <jma@freedomcircle.com> writes:
> If a basic operator family is created, e.g.,
> create operator family of1 using btree;
> shouldn't pg_dump include this in its output?  If not, why?

Quoting from the pg_dump source code:
    * We want to dump the opfamily only if (1) it contains "loose" operators    * or functions, or (2) it contains an
opclasswith a different name or    * owner.  Otherwise it's sufficient to let it be created during creation    * of the
containedopclass, and not dumping it improves portability of    * the dump.

I guess if it contains no opclasses and no operators either, this code
won't dump it, but isn't it rather useless in such a case?