Re: "expected authentication request from server, but received..."

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "expected authentication request from server, but received..."
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michał Jęczalik <pgsql-hackers@jeczalik.com> writes:
> I have a very old postgres 6.4 installation. I'm trying to connect to it
> from a fresh, up-to-date Debian-host, but I'm constantly getting (from DBI
> and PHP as well) this error message:

> # ./update_dns.pl
> DBI connect('dbname=dns;host=sql;authtype=password','dns',...) failed:
> expected authentication request from server, but received U
>   at ./update_dns.pl line 237

You certain it's 6.4, and not even older?  A look in the CVS logs says
that we were using protocol 2.0 starting in 6.4, so current libpq should
still talk to it.

> P.S. Don't tell me to upgrade postgres :) It must stay like that for some
> reasons which are beyond me.

6.4 *will* eat your data eventually.  Don't say you weren't warned.