Re: autovacuum doesn't seem to vacuum pg_attribute

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: autovacuum doesn't seem to vacuum pg_attribute
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> writes:
> While cleaning up the postgresql bug reports in Debian, I stumbled
> over the following gem. Do you know about this problem, and is it
> still an issue for 8.0 and 8.1?

Probably fixed here:

    * src/backend/postmaster/: pgstat.c (REL7_4_STABLE), pgstat.c
    (REL8_0_STABLE), pgstat.c: Flush any remaining statistics counts
    out to the collector at process exit.  Without this, operations
    triggered during backend exit (such as temp table deletions) won't
    be counted ... which given heavy usage of temp tables can lead to
    pg_autovacuum falling way behind on the need to vacuum pg_class and
    pg_attribute.  Per reports from Steve Crawford and others.