Re: 2PC transaction id

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 2PC transaction id
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> Ok, so how do we get XA working when a single global transaction
> involves two databases on the same cluster?

It's the TM's responsibility to deal with that.  I would expect it to
hand out transaction IDs that consist of a common prefix and a
per-database suffix, if it does not know which resources it's dealing
with might share a common GID namespace.

There's a reason that the XA spec has such a ridiculously large
requirement for the length of a GID name, and it is that this is the
TM's problem not ours.