Re: Closing some 8.4 open items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Closing some 8.4 open items
Дата
Re: Closing some 8.4 open items  (Hitoshi Harada <umi.tanuki@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yea, I thought we were going to do this:

> Please find enclosed one way to handle it, this being prepending
> WINDOW to the result types in \df.

> but I don't see this behavior in CVS.

IIRC, my original proposal involved adding something to the argument
list --- it seems more natural to regard window-ness as having something
to do with the arguments than the result.  But that was shot down on the
grounds of not fitting in well unless we wanted to add more decoration,
like parens around the regular argument list.

Another idea was to add a new column to the \df output to mark
window-ness.  Which, as I recall, *nobody* liked.  But maybe if we
only did it for \df+ it would be more tolerable?

Сообщение: Re: Closing some 8.4 open items
Сообщение: Re: Closing some 8.4 open items