Re: Makefile breakage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Makefile breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> You can't just arbitrarily pull in libpgport.a everywhere that libpq.so
>> is used.  That breaks anything that requires position-independent code
>> ... for instance ecpglib.

> Strange because it worked on my BSD system and I do compile ecpg.  What
> do you suggest?  Is this worth fixing somehow?

Intel machines tend not to care whether code is officially
position-independent or not.  Most other platforms are sticky about it.
You don't have a choice whether to fix it.

I think you should leave the $(libpq) macro alone and add a $(libpgport)
macro ... and yes, you will have to go around and modify the client
program Makefiles individually.