Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5
Дата
Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> If we're going to have a reentrant lexer, I think we should go the whole
> nine yards. I agree that a couple of percent slowdown on just the lexing
> and parsing will be lost in the noise. So +1 from me.

I found a couple of places where a few cycles could be shaved.  The
current version of the patch (attached) seems indistinguishable in
speed from 8.4 on my HPPA box, though still a percent or two slower on
my x86_64 box.

This is ready to go except for changing the minimum flex version test
in configure (and associated documentation).  I see that a good-sized
fraction of the buildfarm is still on flex 2.5.4 and will therefore go
red when this goes in.  Should I hold off a bit longer, or is committing
the best way to get their attention?

            regards, tom lane

Вложения