Re: SIGTERM -> elog(FATAL) -> proc_exit() is probably a bad idea

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SIGTERM -> elog(FATAL) -> proc_exit() is probably a bad idea
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> Hmm, CancelQuery isn't so urgent an operation currently.
> For example, VACUUM checks QueryCancel flag only
> once per table.

Right, we'll need to check in more places.  See my just-posted proposal.
Checking at any spinlock grab should ensure that we check reasonably
often.

I just realized I forgot to mention the case of SIGTERM while the main
line is waiting for input from the frontend --- obviously we want to
quit immediately in that case, too.