Re: this is in plain text (row level locks)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: this is in plain text (row level locks)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sailesh Krishnamurthy <sailesh@cs.berkeley.edu> writes:
> Why not have the traditional approach of a lock table in shared
> memory, growing and shrinking as appropriate,

Because we can't grow shared memory.  Whatever size we get at startup is
what we're stuck with.  (I suppose we could try asking the kernel for
additional segments, but there's every likelihood that that will fail.)

Сообщение: Re: this is in plain text (row level locks)
Сообщение: Re: this is in plain text (row level locks)